A Campaign For Community Giving
Faculty and staff support our annual workplace giving campaign each fall, which gives employees the opportunity to enroll in payroll deductions to support the charities of their choice. We also volunteer in the community during this time by supporting the United Way Days of Caring, which is the largest volunteer service event in Arizona (we completed more than 1,500 hours of community service, last year alone!). Since its inception in 2004, this campaign has empowered university employees to donate more than $6,400,000 to address our community's greatest needs.
Schedule a Payroll Deduction
You have the power to support your favorite charities through payroll deductions.
How to get Involved.
This year's campaign kicks off on Friday, September 30th and runs through Friday, November 4th. Join us for any of the following activities taking place during our campaign:
September 17th – Pre-kick off celebration at the Arizona Stadium.
- Join us for Community Day with Arizona Athletics. The Wildcats will face off against the NDSU Bisons at a game that is dedicated to the many "givers" in our community. UA Cares Ambassadors and their loved ones have been provided complimentary tickets to this game (what a perk!) and will be recognized live at the game alongside other community givers.
September 30th – Official Campaign Kick-off Reception
- Our campaign will formally kick-off with a reception where UA Cares Ambassadors will enjoy light hors d'oeuvres, and a message from our Honorary Chair, Dr. Joellen Russell. Local charitable organizations will have booths setup around the room so you can learn more about their work and how to support them.
Friday, September 30th
4:00 - 5:30 pm
ENR2 Courtyard | 1064 E. Lowell St, Tucson AZ 85719
October 21st – 22nd – United Way Days of Caring
- Click here to register for one of the many community service projects that will take place throughout our community during the largest volunteer service event in Southern Arizona. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to pitch in and register for more than 100 service projects.
October 25th – Red Cross Blood Drive
- Roll up your sleeves to save 300 lives! Join us in the North Ballroom of the Student Union from 9am to 4pm to donate blood to the Red Cross. Pre-registration is encouraged and can be completed by clicking here. Walk-ins are welcome.
Friday, November 4th - Last Day to Enroll in Payroll Deductions
- Visit UAccess to schedule a payroll deduction to your preferred charitable cause. Deductions can be one-time or recurring and begin during the first pay period of 2023 and automatically expire in December 2023. Faculty and staff renew their deductions each year during our annual campaign.
Volunteer to be a UA Cares Ambassador
UA Cares Ambassadors are a vital part of each UA Cares initiative. If you would like to support the annual workplace giving campaign, or any other UA Cares initiative, email Nick Hilton at email@example.com to sign up to be an advocate for our community!
- Communicate regularly with your colleagues to promote the annual workplace giving campaign and ensure employees know when, where, and how to enroll in payroll deductions.
- Connect your colleagues to charitable causes. People love to support our community, but don’t always know where to start. Consider organizing a “lunch & Learn” where you invite nonprofit representatives to share their story with your department - UA Cares staff are here to help you organize that! You may also chose to organize a tour or volunteer service event for employees in your unit or college. And we're here to help with anything you propose that helps connect employees with the causes that better our community!
- Champion the UA Cares Campaign by joining us for the kick-off event and culmination event. Our campaign begins with the kick-off event and ends with a celebratory event in January after payroll deductions begin and we can officially celebrate our hard work.